Question does it hurt getting a tattoo, hurts not only those who plan to decorate themselves with tattoos, but those who have already passed through this procedure, but wants to repeat it, scoring some other part of your body. In General, the answer is unequivocal – Yes, however, the pain threshold of each is different, also there are less painful areas of the body, as well as methods to reduce pain. About this talk in this article.
Why do tattoos hurt?
Very often we face different types of physical discomfort, for example, may be scratched or cut his finger. However, we do not always notice it, because of the pain, but a tattoo is not, why? In the case of a tattoo all depends on the type of pigment, and how he gets under the skin. In General, the human skin consists of 2 layers:
- Epidermis – the outer layer, which is regularly updated and is weakly sensitive to pain. Dermis – the inner layer of skin which is not able to visible regeneration. The dermis consists of glands, vessels and hair follicles, receptors and sensory cells – they cause pain in humans.
Paint in the form of molecules gets into the inner layer of the skin, at this time, receptor cells analyze the process and send the brain a signal of pain, since cell integrity is disrupted. In General, this process is essential, however, in the case of tattoos he creates a lot of problems, because the number of signals reaches 150 pulses per second. The brain interprets the situation as a signal of increased danger, so the process of getting your tattoo it is impossible to make it painless for the body. At the same time experts claim that it’s not as painful as it may seem and feel and looks up with a small abrasion. Girls, for example, consider this process quite tolerable by comparing it with the wax.
Does it hurt to make a tattoo on his arm, neck and other body areas
In General, the tattoo can be applied to almost any area of the body, however, most tattoos can be found at the following locations:
- Clavicle – often this stops the fair sex are using for tattoo images of birds, symbols, or names, colors, and other small drawings. In General, the tattoo will look very attractive, will serve as decoration of the female body and is visible to others, especially in the summer time. As for pain, on this site they are quite strong, but fragile and vulnerable girls is quite confusing. The wrist is the most popular body part for tattoos, as girls and boys. Here it is also customary to place a small image, for example, labels, dates, symbols, or other nice looking stuff. The most popular sketch – the infinity sign or the name of a loved one, written in the most beautiful font. As for pain, they are individual, but generally on the wrist to do the tattoo is not very painful. If you believe the statistics, the girls tolerate the procedure of stuffing a tattoo on the wrist is much easier than men.
- The biceps is a perfect option for those who are afraid to make a mistake. Often this is the place tattoo men, since the sketch can be of a large size. As for pain, it is minimal because the skin is rough, and the bone far enough. Thigh – another popular option for girls. Often women put the most beautiful and original sketches, for example, representatives of the animal world, or the variation of Botanical subjects (roses, tulips and other flowers). The hip is a small practicality and great tenderness, especially in its inner part. A little practicality due to the fact that when weight first to lose the shape of the thighs, in the reverse process (reduction of weight), the formation of stretch marks, which will also spoil the picture.
- Calves of the legs – the best option for tattoos, allowing you to use large thumbnails. Men love to use 3D-drawings or tattoo in the style of biomechanics, girls placed here bright flowers or animals. Calves of the legs is a practical and almost painless spot on the body for tattoos, while the picture in the summer time will be open others, which will undoubtedly attract attention to the owner of the tattoos. The blade is the best option for large paintings or pairs of tattoos, for example, angel wings. Advantages lie in the presence of a large flat surface and minor pain, as there are almost no nerve endings. Lower back – ideal for girls with a good waist, however, tattooing is considered to be a painful process due to the large number of nerve endings. Forearm – visible to all and always tattoo, located on his forearm, will attract the attention of others. The level of pain is relative, but in General is not strong. Ankle – beautiful, but very painful. The neck is a popular option for girls and guys. The pain is minimal. Back in demand among men as it is possible to make a great tattoo, creating a complete picture. Pain level is medium, but it will also stand.
Does it hurt to make a tattoo for the first time and how to reduce the pain?
In General, the gasket being tattooed is a painful process and there is absolutely no difference, first time passes this procedure or not. In order to make the tattooing session more enjoyable or just less painful, follow these tips:
- An hour before the session you need to eat. Before the procedure and during it you need to drink water. It is necessary to choose comfortable clothes. Before going to the master need to sleep well. It is possible to take the ointment or pain. With them it is best to take the candy or headphones in order to distract from the filling process of the tattoo. Take a shower, but don’t use perfume. It is forbidden to drink alcohol the day before the visit of the master. Do not tattoo during the illness. For females – the procedure is not recommended during menstruation. Discard the tattoo if the instrument is dirty or not sterile, trust only experienced craftsmen. Don’t be afraid of the pain and be distracted from it with the help of friends (not more than one or two), which you can take with you. If the pain was unbearable, it is better to stop the procedure and resume it later or the next day.